Menon & Menon Ltd.
Menon and Menon is a company based in Kolhapur, Maharashtra. We have been involved in the manufacturing of intricate automotive grey iron castings like cylinder blocks and heads for over 50 years. We have facilities to not only cast these blocks and heads, but also to machine these components as per the customers requirements.
We have set up a Greenfield state-of-the-art foundry at Kagal, near Kolhapur, which brings world class casting manufacturing facilities to India and it also effectively doubles our production capacity. We currently produce castings for almost all the Indian automotive OEMs. With the installation of this plant we can offer large capacities for exports.
We are supported by one of the best, most vibrant and passionate teams in the industry. Our belief in constantly updating our technology, improving our skills and increasing our productivity has been able to give us an edge over competition. Meeting international standards of quality continues to be our primary focus. Our capable quality systems and business capabilities have won us several awards.
1954Mr. Chandran Menon established a company called Menon and Co for machining diesel engine components
1970Started manufacturing castings like rear axle housings
2004Received ISO/TS 16949 Quality System Standard Certification from Underwriters Laboratories
1956Started operation as an ancillary unit supplying machined components to the Diesel Engine industry
1974Graduated from rear axle housings to differential housings and gear boxes and finally to intricate components like cylinder blocks and cylinder heads
2013Ground Breaking at Kagal
1964Shifting activities from Udyam Nagar to Vikram Nagar and conversion from Menon and Co to Menon and Menon Private Limited
1983Started another plant at Amboli, district of Sindhudurg
2014First casting poured at Kagal
1966Commencement of Menon and Menon foundry
1996First company in India to receive the prestigious QS 9000 certification
2015Flexible head and block line installed at vikramnagar
Menon Group of Industries
Mr. Chandran Menon
Mr Chandran Menon was born on 10th of may 1925 in a small village in Kerala. Mr Menon completed his 2 year technical diploma in Calicut, Kerala and was appointed immediately as a shop floor technician at Hindustan Aeronautics, Bangalore. Later in 1940 he joined as a Tool Room incharge with Ordinance Factory, Pune. In 1946, he moved to Kolhapur to explore better opportunities. He worked with Utkurs and later with Yashwant Iron and Steel works. He had an ingrained drive to create and develop something on his own and that’s what kept him on the move. Mr Menon established a company named Menon and Co at Udyamnagar, Kolhapur in 1954 for machining diesel engine components. A decade later, on January 19th 1964, a new company called Menon and Menon Engineering was formed at Vikramnagar, Kolhapur. On 1st October 1969 the company was converted in a private limited company. Mr Menon was a self made man and believed in sheer hard work and perseverance. He had the knack of recognizing and nurturing talent. He was a rugged, practical man. He was full of fatherly affection towards his people, which is a trait commonly seen in first generation industrialists. Mr Menon left his imprint on each field he laid his hands on. He believed in bravely turning adversity into opportunity for prosperity in future. Mr Menon’s vision, spirit and sheer grit not only ensured the growth of his own company and its people but also put Kolhapur on the industrial map of India.
- Member of the Kolhapur Mechanical Engineering Workshop Owners' Union
- Member of Kolhapur Productivity Council
- Member of Kolhapur Engineering Association (earlier Kolhapur Mechanical Engineering)
- Member of National Advisory Committee - National Chemical Lab
- Vice Chairman of Indian Diesel Engine Manufacturers Association
- Chairman of CII Southern Maharashtra Zone
- Chairman of Kolhapur Steel Ltd.
- Chairman of Menon group of companies
- CMD of Menon and Menon Ltd.
Few of the Founder's Awards
- FIE foundation award in 1978 and 1990
- Ruston engine crank shaft award in agricultural fair
Mr. Ram Menon
Mr Ram Menon, after his graduation in Commerce, moved into Kolhapur in 1951, following his brother, Shri. Chandran Menon. He began his career with the engineering industry as an employee in a foundry in Kolhapur. In association with Shri. Chandran Menon, he set up on the path of diversification and is the founder of Menon Pistons Ltd and Menon Bearings Ltd and Co-founder of Menon and Menon Ltd. Mr Menon, even in his eighties, played an important role in the corporate affairs of the Menon group. He was the Chairman of the Menon group of companies which includes Menon and Menon, Menon Pistons, Menon Bearings, Menon Piston Rings etc. Under his leadership these companies are rated among the few leading manufacturers in the country in their respective fields. Mr. Menon was very active in social and educational fields and was associated with various Engineering Associations and Productivity Councils, both at regional and state levels.
- Chairman of CII Maharashtra State Council, Indian Diesel Engine Manufacturers Association
- Chairman of Shiroli Manufacturers Association
- Chairman of Kolhapur Engineering Association
- Chairman of Kolhapur Janata Sahakari Bank
- Member of Engineering Export Promotional Council
Few of the Co-founder's Awards
- Karveer Bhushan Puraskar by the Kolhapur Municipal Corporation
- Special Citation Award by the Indian Institute of Foundrymen
- FIE Foundation award in the field of Engineering industry
- Udyog Shree award by Kolhapur Engineering Association
To be a leader in our chosen field of activity,
- By providing products and services that exceed customer expectations.
- By leveraging our knowledge base to provide customers with value enhancement opportunities.
- By providing our customers with a valid economic reason to buy from us.
- By developing technological skills and process skills to gain competitive advantage.
To dedicate ourselves for the global services through enterprise.
To strive to create Institutions of Excellence which should serve as role model in terms of,
- Product quality
- Customer partnerships
- Creation of Human Resource Wealth
- Integration with the society to which we belong.
- To use honest business practices to maximize Productivity, Efficiency, Profits and Long term stakeholder value as only those that are strong will be of use to society.
Work sincerely and ethically to enhance stakeholder value.
To enhance value to the society we belong to through,
- Value generation,
- Environment protection,
- Safety & Health of our employees and Community Development